When I make a new recipe or come up with something of my own I'm going to try to remember to take a picture and post the recipe so you can make it too! This beef stew is pretty much my own, but it's so easy I don't know that I can take credit for it.
You'll need:
1.5 lb stew meat cut into 1 in pieces
1/2 bag baby carrots
med. potato
1/2 large onion
1 bag McCormick beef stew slow cooker seasoning
beef broth
Lightly brown the meat in a pan. You're not cooking it, just getting the outside brown and you'll see some pink still.
Cut the carrots length wise. Cut the potato into 1 in. peices. Cut the onion into whatever size you want. Add all the ingredients into a crock pot. Add enough beef broth to whatever thickness you want. I did about half of the little jug (I already threw it away so I don't know what size it was, but they basically come in one size). Cook for 3.5 hours on high, or about 7 hours on low. The meat was very tender and I did it on high for 3.5 hrs.
Add however much of each veggie you want, or even more meat. I don't like a lot of potato so I did less of that. Yesterday when I made it I put more broth in than last time. Put less in than you will want because as the veggies boil down it will get thinner.
Serve over rice or with crackers.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I've been wanted a good stew recipe, so thanks! My mom makes it also, but I don't like hers. I think it's because she cooks it on the stove and not a slow cooker. Anyhow, I might do this one tonight!
ReplyDelete