Thursday, November 5, 2009

Nursery Decor



This week I've been working on Brighton's room (after 10 months).  I made curtians for his window!  Since it gets light at 600 now I decided he really needed something to help him (and me) sleep longer.  I went to Joanns and found some material that matches fairly well.  It looks better in person than in the pictures.  His room is 2 colors of green and the fabric has a couple greens in it.  I put black out material behind it and it works great!  I'm so proud of my newest accomphishment! 

The cross to the left was a gift for his baptism from his Opa.  The plaque was actually in my nursery as a baby and has been in almost all of my neices and nephiew's nurserys as well.  The next new addition to his room is a shelf.  I found a shelf, keepsake frame and a plaque at Michael's.  I painted them all white (they were unfinnished).  We put up the shelf last night too.  It's between his door and closet door.  He has his piggy bank on it as well as some precious moments statues he got for his baptism and the baptismal shell from the church.  Ok so almost everything he has is from his baptism, but his collection will grow!

 

 Yesterday was also Brighton's first bath in the big tub.  We had to wait until I got a mat for the tub so he wouldn't slide around.  He liked it, but kept trying to stand.  The black thing in his mouth is a yellow ducky dressed up in a tux.  He likes to munch on it and make it squeak. 


In other news, we had our first bible study/playgroup today.  It was really fun!  There were 7 moms and lots of babies!  The oldest was about 2 1/2 and the youngest 3 months.  It was our first meeting so we were just getting to know eachother and talking about what we are going to do.  We are going to be reading this book called "Five Star Families" and discussing it.  So, I guess that means it's not really bible study per say, but it will be fun anyway!  We're going to meet every other week and since it's at the same time as story time that will work out so we can go to each everyother week. 

That all that has happened since Monday!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the curtains, were they easy to make because I need to darken up Preston's room as well!!! This time change thing has him really thrown for a loop!!!!

    ReplyDelete