Monday, October 26, 2009

10 Months old today!

I never really expected to be joining the world of blogging, but earlier this week I was filling out Brighton's calender with all of his new accomplishments and I couldn't help but think that there is a much bigger story behind every small little box. So, I decided that I would start a blog so that I could have a better memory of all the things we do.

This month has been very busy developmentally for Brighton, which translates into not much sleep for Mommy! He has cut three upper teeth so far this month, which was very rough. He has also had 3 colds. Between the teeth cutting and colds he's been up a lot at night.

Brighton started pulling to a standing at the beginning of the month, but it has only been this past weekend that he really figured out how to do it all the time. He thinks he's hot stuff and does it on every surface he can reach, but he doesn't know how to get back down. He pulls up and within a few seconds he does this little whine/cry to be put back down. Then when you go and put him back down he pulls right back up! So we have started to let him stand there for a while before we help him down. We're trying to encourage him to get down on his own. He's really just scared because he has hit his chin a couple of times.

We had a fun week last week. On Sunday (Oct. 18) we had family pictures taken by Mark and Leigh (Bethany's brother and sister in law). Leigh is going to drop the CD by today so we can see them all! I'm really excited. I'll post pictures later. I can't wait to print them out and get some pictures up on our wall!

On Wednesday (Oct. 21) we went to the pumpkin patch. JoBeth came with us and was our photographer. We decided to go to the one at Haggerty High School, and when we got there it started sprinkling in a misty sort of way. Well, we were there and it was light, so I wasn't about to go home! So, yes I know this makes me a horrible mother, we plopped Brighton down in the rain and covered the camera with the umbrella! He didn't mind at all and was too fascinated with the pumpkins to notice he was getting misted on. I didn't expect him to really care about the pumpkins, but I guess big orange things are just too irresistible for a baby. Once we got all of our pictures and left JoBeth was looking at her camera and realized we took the pictures in RAW, so we went back to take some usable ones (it turns out it was no problem at all the convert them to jpeg). We got some even cuter pics the second time and it wasn't raining. There was this awesome pumpkin that was really big and flat, so we put Brighton sitting on it. We got a lot of pictures and just after the last (and cutest) one he fell off and hit his face on the stem of another pumpkin. Yes, I know that makes me a horrible mother, but the pic is too cute! Here it is:


I still don't have a costume for Brighton yet :/ but I'm going to make a trip to Babies r Us to get one.

Our little baby turned 10 months old today! Seriously, where has the time gone? Every day is a new adventure for him and I try to make it as stimulating as possible, but he gets bored sometimes. He is such a happy baby and just goes with the flow. Do I need to mention how amazingly cute he is? He loves his daddy and lights up when he gets home. This is such a fun age, and I can't wait to see what he is going to learn today!

4 comments:

  1. yay! you'll like blogging probably :-) Plus it let's people know more of what's going on with your family. I love reading updates from people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love that you're blogging! Thanks again for asking me to go with you to the pumpkin patch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blogging too :) Okay well... I have 2 posts up, but who's counting? I don't have a little one to write about, so have fun reading about our pets haha. Oh, and cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't Jeff, it was me! He was logged into his gmail account on my computer :)

    ReplyDelete